Working with burn patients means you MUST be able to recognize the subtle changes that could indicate life-threatening complications. You need to be up to date on the most current and cutting edge management strategies. In this program, you’ll learn the critical interventions for a wide variety of burns.
Don’t miss the opportunity to sharpen your skills and improve outcomes for the patients who depend on you.
- Evaluate the top complications of burn patients.
- Prioritize nursing interventions for the burn patient based on the primary survey from A to E.
- Assess percent of total body surface area burned using the rule of 9’s.
- Calculate the fluid resuscitation needed for a burn patient based on %TBSA and body weight.
- Burn Demographics
- Initial Assessment
- Care Priorities
- Airway Management
- Shock and Fluid Resuscitation
- Electrical Burns
- Blast Injuries
- Chemical Burns
- Pediatric Burn Care
- Burn Dressings
- Pain, Agitation and Delirium Management